I want to say, THANK YOU! I have been overwhelmed by the encouragement and support for my new business. I have had tons of positive feedback and every customer has been awesome and zero requests for returns.
I have to admit, I had been overwhelmed by the first batch of sales. The stock that I had planned on having for months sold out almost immediately. I had hoped to be able to maintain continuous stock, but it does not look like it will be reality for the foreseeable future. As most of you are aware, there are massive disruptions in supply chains. I had planned to have new stock in early November, but it seems like each step brings a new delay. I had anticipated some of these, so I had built in a couple weeks of leeway, but I am embarrassed to say that it now looks like we will be shipping mid December.
Update Dec 20 - We now plan to have products live late tomorrow night (Monday) with initial orders being shipped Tuesday the 22nd.
Now the exciting news!
There are a number of new products including:
- 3 Different Racing Chassis including one based on 160mm material (twice the size of previous material)
- Triple monitor stand
- Monitor stands in black (sorry, we won't have rigs available in black for the foreseeable future - want to test how the black material holds up before using them in high-wear areas)
- Keyboard / mouse trays
- Sim Racing Seats!
I haven't received these yet, so being able to sell will be based on whether received product meets QC standards.
If you are planning to buy, start considering what you want now so that you are ready to buy when product comes into stock. Please note, these items are heavy and expensive to ship and difficult to pack. If we have to accept returns, we will have to raise prices; effectively, we do not offer returns, so please be confident in your purchase decision. Some notes about the new design:
- Chassis will come in three models - One based on the previous design, one based on based on 160mm profile with custom parts and one that is in between (mostly 80mm profile).
- The single monitor stand will not be able to be upgraded to a triple stand. If you are considering the single monitor stand now but anticipate that you will switch to triples, it would be best to buy a triple mount now.
- The triple stand will have a mount that allows mounting between 45 and 60 degrees. Some people prefer different angles than this. In my opinion, anything less than 45 degrees is a compromise that does not let you see enough of your peripheral without making other compromises (variable viewing distances, inaccurately stretched views). If you prefer a wider view, I suggest a 49" single as the best option. I would also recommend that you do not use anything smaller than 27" in a triple monitor configuration.
Now to the final bit; are we going to run any holiday season promotions? Here is the deal, all of our expenses are up because of this massive shipping / inventory crunch. In addition, we plan to sell out before we get more inventory. So it doesn't make much sense to offer a promotion. That said, we have had a number of loyal and patient customers, so for you, I am going to offer a coupon that you can buy for $6. It will give you a 6% discount on your order and I will also use it to reserve inventory for the first three days after we open up sales so you won't have to worry about us running out of stock in the first day. The coupon will be limited to stock on hand and there will be a limit of two chassis and monitor stands per order. Coupons available will be limited; one coupon per person / address.
Here are the anticipated prices ($30 flat rate shipping per order)
Racing Chassis 1 - $359 (includes previously optional parts)
Racing Chassis 2 - $469
Racing Chassis 3 - $669
Single monitor stand - $159
Triple monitor stand - $269
Racing seats - starting at $159
* These prices are definitely subject to change
This has been long winded, but also a long time coming. I apologize for the lack of updates and communication, and I am sorry to say, I am not ready to answer specific questions about the new products yet. I understand both the frustration of waiting and excitement about the new products. Once we release the products, there will be a lot more information.
You can purchase the coupon here:
Thanks everyone for your patience! I hope you are all enjoying the Holidays!
Hey, just found you. A rig like this might get me back into mechwarrior. Think tank command chair. Must have one.
Alex, I didn’t realize that people were replying on here, so sorry for the late replay. The new chassis will be fairly comparable to the P1X.
I own FEG PC, reached out to RigMetal and bought his chassis with monitor mount. Best deal in sim racing at that price point. 10/10 on product, shipping, and customer service.
Really appreciate the update and looks like you are doing God’s work over here so please keep it up! So is the new Racing Chassis #2 similar to the P1X? That’s really what I was looking for and with your prices and being USA based I’m all in if so.
appreciate the update and look forward to seeing the higher tiers of rig!
Leave a comment